History

Everything revolved around timber from the very beginning:

1924

The company was founded as a sawmill with three employees. 

1972

The first step for processing wood was taken and the manufacturing of finger-jointed window frames began. 

1985

The sawmill was rebuilt and the capacity was expanded. At the same time the first plant in Europe was established for the industrial manufacturing of edge-glued panels.

 

 

1988

We became the first company in Europe to industrially manufacture glulam. 

 

At the same time the company was divided into two areas of business: Mosser Leimholz GmbH concentrated on processing timber and Mosser Holzindustrie GmbH concentrated on the sawmill area. 

2001

The Perwarth Fohlenhof facility was commissioned as the second location of Mosser Leimholz GmbH. 

2003

Our company became the first timber processor in Austria to become PEFC-certified. 

2005

A further increase in capacity in the glulam sector. A highly modern customer center was erected at the same time to further optimize our customer support. 

2006

The one millionth cubic meter Mosser glulam is produced, re-enforcing our leading position in the sector of high quality glued wood products. 

2007

sees the start of construction of the sawmill in Wolfpassing/Zarnsdorf. 

2008

The new sawmill in Wolfpassing/Zarnsdorf is commissioned. The new building sees the mill being brought up to date and the capacity considerably enhanced.