History

Everything revolved around timber from the very beginning:

1924

The company was founded as a sawmill with three employees. 

1972

The first step for processing wood was taken and the manufacturing of finger-jointed window frames began. 

1985

The sawmill was rebuilt and the capacity was expanded. At the same time the first plant in Europe was established for the industrial manufacturing of edge-glued panels.

 

 

1988

We became the first company in Europe to industrially manufacture glulam. 

 

At the same time the company was divided into two areas of business: Mosser Leimholz GmbH concentrated on processing timber and Mosser Holzindustrie GmbH concentrated on the sawmill area. 

2001

The Perwarth Fohlenhof facility was commissioned as the second location of Mosser Leimholz GmbH. 

2003

Our company became the first timber processor in Austria to become PEFC-certified. 

2005

A further increase in capacity in the glulam sector. A highly modern customer center was erected at the same time to further optimize our customer support. 

2006

The one millionth cubic meter Mosser glulam is produced, re-enforcing our leading position in the sector of high quality glued wood products. 

2008

The new sawmill in Wolfpassing/Zarnsdorf is put into operation. During the rebuild, the sawmill was equipped with the very latest technology, and its capacity was significantly increased.

2014-2016

Major investments bring all laminated timber production facilities in line with the state of the art.

2017

The plant is modernized to produce finger-jointed battens.

2018

The training and conference center is opened at the Fohlenhof 2 location.